What is the point of the conference?
- To reimagine what progress looks like for school-based mental health
- Discuss and close gap between clinician and teachers/administrators around what clinical work looks like in schools.
- Create community for school-based clinicians.
- Acknowledge complications of school-based work.
- Improve upon clinical and theoretical understandings of school-based therapy.
Structure of conference
- Building community and introduction of conference (9am-10am)
- Morning panels, focused on larger systemic issues impacting school-based clinical work (10:15am-11:45am)
- Keynote (Jean Robertson, Chief of Special Education for SFUSD and Dr. Terrence Owens) (12pm-1:15pm)
- Lunch (1:15pm-2:15pm)
- Afternoon panels, focused on clinical examples of alternative forms of progress in school-based clinical work (2:30-4:00)
- Closing activity: 4-5pm
Revisioning Progress will be on Tuesday, February 5th (Lunar New Year, a SFUSD distric holiday) at John O’Connell High School in San Francisco. John O’Connell is located near 16th Mission BART station, and Muni Bus 14.
Click here to register! 6.5 CE’s will be included in the price of a ticket.